Friday, October 9, 2009

Thesis research, getting an early start because I have to leave at 11:30. Been here for about half an hour. Sitting upstairs, but I'm cold.

Burberry Trench is here! Seated across from Off-the-Shoulder - a beautiful blonde, possibly Australian. She is very tall and thin and thus can pull off all of her high-waisted Marc Jacobs jeans. She always wears knit sweaters that fall of off her bare shoulders. Trench is too prim for her.

Moved downstairs because I thought it would be warmer. Nay. I am wearing my blazer and scarf all wrapped around my head like a fluish person. Professor FB, who is an Avery phenomenon unto himself (in short: using claims of a dissertation or whatever as a disguise, he comes here to pick up on every single female in the building), once asked me, upon entering, where "the warmest spot in the library was." Avery obviously planned this out accordingly. The warmest spot in the library is the right side of the stacks. These are books mainly on photography. The right stacks lead into a secluded study room with carrels where, in the back of the room, I have found a woman sleeping on the floor before - it is that remote and unchecked. So FB can take care of whatever academic research he needs to find over there and stay warm at the same time.

HOLY SHIT. The Spaniard who I ALWAYS, SINCE I HAVE BEEN HERE, THOUGHT HAD AN ACCENT, DOES NOT. HE DOESN'T. I am shocked. I thought I knew someone in a very particular way, and it was all a fabrication in my head. I just assumed that since he spoke Spanish with the two friends he always enters with that he was another product of GSAPP. Well, I'm still going to pretend. We only smile at each other, anyway.

Still here. Took a lunch break for a meeting. "Just" just walked in and is wearing, perhaps for the first time, a black button-down beneath his soot-black sports jacket. He is always ready to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment