Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What Nice Weather?

Despite this Los Angeles weather that we are experiencing, amid still-melting piles of snow (I hate naturally occuring juxtapositions), Avery is still packed as ever. No one seems to notice that it is finally sunny and warm outside; they still file in wrapped in scarves and wool and ponchos billowing and calf-hugging boots and other things that seem uncomfortably sweaty. The stacks are like saunas, and because I have been so helpful at desk lately, I was punished today by having to shelf-read and shelve in those areas and was essentially running a fever by the end of my shift. The place also just smells like a fire, but that could be because I saw The Towering Inferno at MoMA this weekend and fire is on the brain. That's also how it works at Avery: sadistically. You do something good, you get physically punished for it.

Furthermore I used the scanners for the first time in there - they work fine, I don't know what y'all are bitching about!

No comments:

Post a Comment