Saturday, June 12, 2010

This Is My Youth

Oh hey guys.

OH WAIT NO ONE READS THIS ANYMORE EVER NVM.

Profoundest of apologies for making y'all wait a couple of months for the next entry. (Because I know you were checking quite constantly to see what would happen next.) The thing is, believe it or not, my lack of consistency with this blog really is doing a disservice to the world at large (Columbia). I firmly believe that coming to Avery is like entering Narnia, combined with the EPCOT center and perhaps a photo shoot for Numéro magazine. It is, as TLC once sang, CrazySexyCool. You just can't read about Felix Gonzales-Torres like you can in Avery anywhere else. We don't even (entirely) abide by the Library of Congress system of call numbers, damnit! We are our own entity!

Hence, why I am applying for a full-time position at The Avery Library at some point this summer. Yes, your predictions came true; all bets are off. This is my destiny; it would be silly to deny it. What else do I talk about? How many Brownie's punch cards do I go through in a year? Who was elected University Student Librarian of the Year?! Me, true gents, your faithful GA. And thus I intend to stay faithful by working here forever. So cross your fingers, and I'll let you know when I formally apply.

In other news, I finished my thesis, went on a pathological spree of anti-feminist activity for about a weekend, graduated (LOLZ), moved to Brooklyn, and that's wear I now sit, on my bed, with my same quilt from dorm life, waiting for my hair to dry to go to another art history friend's housewarming party, where the wine and the AA* gossip will flow. I look forward to working with you for the 2010-2011 school year, if all works out in my favor. In any case, I'm around all summer. This is my youth, and this is the summer where anything can happen, and all I want is for Avery to fall madly in love with me, as I am with it, so that I can wax poetic about it on The Red Zone.

Also they're rearranging all the folios and I want to be around for that!

GA

*AA is a professor's initials, not the abbreviation for Alcoholics Anonymous. This needed to be expounded upon because it would also entirely make sense for a party of former art history majors to all be in AA. It is one of the major requirements, in fact: write a thesis, drink about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment